Dr. Hannes Vogelmann
Studies of physics at the University of Munich (LMU), finished 1999 with a diploma in experimental physics (nano electronics, Prof. Dr. A. Wixforth). From 1999 to 2001 manager of the development division at Vita-Technologie Deutschland GmbH (energy management systems).
From 2001 to 2005 Doctorate at IMK-IFU (development and construction of the water-vapor lidar on mount Zugspitze, Prof. W. Seiler).
From 2006 to 2010 postdoc with the research-subject "Vertical distribution and variability of tropospheric water-vapor above Mt. Zugspitze".
Now, senior scientist in the field of lidar remote sensing of the atmosphere.
- Physics and chemistry of the atmosphere.
- Long-term change of the atmosphere in the context of global warming
- Variations of the spatial water vapor distribution and its on the radiative balance
- Spatio-temporal variability and energy balances in the context of dynamic processes in mountainous regions.
- Optical remote sensing (lidar, development of instruments and retrieval methods)
- Laser technology, laser spectroscopy, radiometry.
- Technologies for saving energy and reducing the emission of green-house gases.
Telephone: +49 8821 183-258